Frequently Asked Questions | Wam Bam Campervan


Where do I collect the camper?

From our base address:

The Old Black Barn,

Upper Hockenden Farm,

Maidstone Road,


Kent BR8 7QE.


What ID is required to hire a vehicle?
The primary driver will need to provide one piece of photo ID such
as your driving licence and one piece of ID with your current address such as a utility bill dated within 2 months of the hire date. It is vital that we see your photocard and online licence information (UK only).
If you are adding an additonal driver we also need to see their full licence. You must provide the requested ID before a vehicle can be released to you. If you are unsure what to bring please check with us.


YOU MUST bring the above documentation as failure to do so
may invalidate your hire

Can more than one person drive?

Yes, it will need to be arranged in advance and will cost
£10 + VAT per day, subject to insurance approval.


Can we take the campervan abroad?
Yes but there is an extra cost of £10 per day for our European Upgrade Pack which must be taken if you are planning to leave the UK (not required for Ireland). This pack includes - European driving insurance certficate, European Roadside assistance cover, all items legally required to drive on the contenent such as warning triangle, headlight adjustment, reflectve vests etc. an information sheet on driving abroad and European, satellite navigation upgrade and road map. The re are some limitations as to where you can travel so please tell us your travel plans before you book


How do I pay?
A deposit of 50% payable to secure the booking in initially then the balance upon collection along with the security deposit, Most major cards are accepted.


What induction do you offer/are the Campervans
complicated to use?
When you come to collect your camper van we will give you a full induction and let you have a go at various operations before you drive away. Each camper van has an information manual written by us with all the basics and full manufacturer’s handbook with more details, If you are stuck on something you can call us 24 hour support line.

Please allow at least 45 minutes when you collect you camper van
so that we can give you a full guided tour of your camper van and complete all the paperwork necessary.


Can I bring my pet?

Pets are welcome within reason, please call to discuss.
Charges apply for pets.


What is your smoking policy?

For the comfort of all we operate a strict No smoking policy in the camper van and awnings, charges will apply for damages
or cleaning as result of smoking in prohibited areas.


How many people can sleep in the van?
The camper sleeps five people (4 adults and 1 child,50kg, 150cm
or 2 adults and 3 children).

What if we have a problem with the van?
We have breakdown cover in place and you will have
our number to call 24hrs a day if you need help.
An information pack is in each vehicle in the glovebox.


Can I bring an appliance like a hair dryer or portable
DVD player?

There’s already a 15” TV/DVD combo installed. Yes, you
have 240volt power when connected to the mains supply at campsites that offer the facility (please check campsite
hook-up availability)


Is there any heating to keep us warm?
Yes all the campers have thermostatically controlled central heating system.


Reasonable precautions must be taken to ensure you have a safe and trouble free trip. Lock the vehicle at all times and keep valuables out of sight. All vehicles are fitted with a security system, and a safe which can house 10” tablets, cameras, etc.

Please note:- Your personal possessions are not covered by the hire insurance.
It is strongly recommended that you take out the highest level of private holiday/travel/personal possessions insurance in case of any medical or unforeseen event that might impact on your holiday. You may find you are covered by your household or holiday insurance, please check your insurers terms and conditions


What about towing?

A tow bar is FOC but please let us know in advance if you require a tow bar and what you would like to tow.


Can I leave my vehicle with you?

You can store your vehicle in our locked compound with CCTV at a cost of £40 per week.


It is strongly recommended that you take out the highest level of private holiday/travel/personal possessions insurance in case of any medical or unforeseen event that might impact on your holiday. Please make sure that you arrange adequate travel insurance to cover you if you have to cancel or cut short your holiday or are forced to change your plans due to an incident.